Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Say Anything / Saves the Day / Reggie and the Full Effect

I've been slacking on my posts recently so I apologize! School and work were demanding every ounce of my attention, and now that I'm on break I'm trying to learn how to breathe. Despite all of that, I've actually had some time to attend a concert. This year has honestly been the best for shows- I've seen so many of my childhood favorite bands. This month I saw Say Anything, Saves the Day and Reggie and the Full Effect.
I had never heard of Reggie, but by the end of the night they were my favorite performance out of the three. They were dressed up as Santa and elves, and were so lively! They made me want to really get into the music. By the time Say Anything performed (the band I was at the show to see) I was worn out and not into the show. I am absolutely in love with their album In Defense of the Genre, and they performed maybe one song from that album which left me disappointed.
Saves the Day's set was kind of crummy as well because their mic wasn't turned up enough. I love rough sounding music but their set seemed really out of whack.
I think I was more into the theatrics of it all- how Reggie was dressed, the projections Say Anything had, the set up of the venue. I took some wonderful photos of this that I thought were worth sharing:

No comments:

Post a Comment